The department sponsored several (socially distant) events in the spring, and a number of our faculty, students, and alumni participated in university and departmental activities as well. They included:
- A virtual talk by Fezas Vital, Ambassador of Portugal to the U.S., cosponsored with the Institute for Latin American and Iberian Studies.
- A Columbus Law School panel discussion on the January 6 attacks on the U.S. Capitol that included Professor Matthew Green.
- Presentations by three of our graduate students, Nicholas Hamisevicz, Carly Jones, and Daniel Petri, on the 51st day of the Biden Administration, hosted by CUA’s Institute for Policy Research and Catholic Studies.
- A reception at the Law School for undergraduate students to meet their upper classmen mentees and faculty, funded with the department’s Annual Fund.
- The keynote address for this year’s Pi Sigma Alpha inductees, delivered by Jeffrey Crouch, on the history of presidential pardons (Ph.D. 2007).
- A conversation with David Walsh, author of the new book The Priority of the Person, sponsored by the Institute for Human Ecology.