Ambassador (Ret.) Zion Evrony has held several diplomatic positions in Israel’s Foreign
Service, including: Ambassador to the Holy See; Ambassador to Ireland; Consul General in
Houston, Texas; director of the cadet course for new diplomats; head of the research team on
Iran; and head of the Policy Planning Bureau. He is currently an adjunct professor at
Georgetown University in addition to his position at the Catholic University of America. He was
previously a visiting lecturer at Tel Aviv University and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
● “Hamas is not the IRA,” The New York Times, September 2, 2007.
● “From Ireland to Israel,” The New York Times, March 5, 2010.
● “The Conflict in Northern Ireland, Lessons for the Middle East,” Haaretz (Hebrew),
December 31, 2010.
● Human Rights in International Relations (Hebrew), Open University Press, Tel Aviv,
● “The Menorah and the Cross,” The Times of Israel, December 30, 2013.
● “What’s Next for Jewish-Catholic Ties,” The Times of Israel, November 15, 2015.
● Jewish-Catholic Dialogue: Nostra Aetate, 50 Years On (Editor), Urbaniana University